At Holy Family, we aim to provide the highest quality care and education for all our children thereby giving them a strong foundation for their future learning. We create a safe and happy environment with motivating and enjoyable learning experiences that enable children to become confident and independent.
The curriculum is delivered through a play-based approach as outlined by the EYFS. We create a stimulating environment to encourage children to free flow between inside and out. Each area of learning and development is implemented through a mix of adult led and child initiated activities.
As part of our practice we:
- Provide a balanced curriculum based on the seven areas of learning outlined in the Development Matters Framework, thus enabling the children to achieve and exceed the Early Learning Goals.
- Promote equality of opportunity and anti-discriminatory practice.
- We provide early intervention for those children who require additional support.
- Work in partnership with parents and within the wider context
- Plan challenging learning experiences, based on the individual child, informed by observation and assessment.
- Provide opportunities for children to engage in activities that are adult and child initiated, supported by the adult.
- Provide a safe and secure learning environment both indoors and out.