At Holy Family, we aim to provide the highest quality care and education for all our children thereby giving them a strong foundation for their future learning. We create a safe and happy environment with motivating and enjoyable learning experiences that enable children to become confident and independent.
The curriculum is delivered through a play-based approach as outlined by the EYFS. We create a stimulating environment to encourage children to free flow between provision inside and out. Each area of learning and development is implemented through a mix of adult led and child initiated activities.
As part of our practice we:
- Provide a balanced curriculum based on the seven areas of learning outlined in the Development Matters Framework, thus enabling the children to achieve the Early Learning Goals.
- Promote equality of opportunity and anti-discriminatory practice.
- We provide early intervention for those children who require additional support.
- Work in partnership with parents and within the wider context.
- Plan challenging learning experiences, based on the individual child, informed by observation and assessment.
- Provide opportunities for children to engage in activities that are adult and child initiated, supported by the adult.
- Provide a safe and secure learning environment both indoors and out.
The impact of the EYFS curriculum is reflected in having well-rounded, happy and confident children transitioning into Year 1. Our children are often amazing role models for others in school. We measure progress and children’s learning across the year through formative and summative assessment which are based on the teacher’s knowledge of the child, their learning journeys, photographs and videos on recorded Evidence Me. The judgements of our school are moderated with other schools and by the LA and this means judgements are secure and consistent with government guidelines. The Early Years provision is monitored and evaluated by the EYFS Lead, the Head teacher and designated governor.