Link Governor: Lisa Lackie
At Holy Family, we aim to provide the highest quality care and education for all our children thereby giving them a strong foundation for their future learning. We create a safe and happy environment with motivating and enjoyable learning experiences that enable children to become confident and independent.
The curriculum is delivered through a play-based approach as outlined by the EYFS. We create a stimulating environment to encourage children to free flow between provision inside and out. Each area of learning and development is implemented through a mix of adult led and child initiated activities.
As part of our practice we:
- Provide a balanced curriculum based on the seven areas of learning outlined in the Development Matters Framework and the values of Catholic Social Teaching, thus enabling the children to achieve the Early Learning Goals and to start building the foundations of becoming the leaders of tomorrow.
- Promote equality of opportunity and anti-discriminatory practice.
- We provide early intervention for those children who require additional support.
- Work in partnership with parents and within the wider context.
- Plan challenging learning experiences, based on the individual child, informed by observation and assessment.
- Provide opportunities for children to engage in activities that are adult and child initiated, supported by the adult.
- Provide a safe and secure learning environment both indoors and out.
The impact of the EYFS curriculum is reflected in having well-rounded, happy and confident children transitioning into Year 1. Our children are amazing role models for others in school. We measure progress and children’s learning across the year through formative and summative assessments which are based on the teacher’s knowledge of the child, their learning journeys and floor books. The judgements of our school are moderated with other schools and by the Local Authority, this ensures that judgements are secure and consistent with government guidelines. The Early Years provision is monitored and evaluated by the EYFS Lead, the Head teacher and designated governor.