Viking and Anglo-Saxon History Projects 2023
As part of our history topic we challenged the children to create a piece of art work at home, based on the Anglo-Saxons or the Vikings. The children chose what they wanted to focus on and in what form they would like to present it.
They were given some suggestions to help them:
- Create a booklet telling the reader about life in either The Anglo-Saxon or Viking times to include images and facts
- Construct a model of a Viking long-ship or a model home from one of these times.
- Draw/colour a picture using: paints; pastels; crayons; charcoal etc
- Present writing in runes – with explanations of its meaning
- Make a piece of jewellery/armour
We included some pictures to inspire the children, but also gave them the option of thinking up very different ideas than those mentioned above or that they may choose to combine them e.g. painting a picture and writing its title in Runes!
The finished projects are shown below, such amazing jobs on this! Well done everyone!