Leading Parent Partnership
Today a parent survey has gone home to find out what you think about communication at Holy Family. This is your chance to tell us what we are doing well but also what we can do to improve communication between school and home.
Please fill in your questionnaire and return to school by January 11th 2019.
- Watch out for family learning opportunities at Holy Family in the new year. A Fun with Language course is coming soon.
- Help us to improve our Induction for new pupils and parents by answering our letter to Reception parents.
- Have your say about homework via our questionnaire and Parent Forum.
- Check out the Parent Forum page for our latest news.
- We have completed a self assessment and written an action plan.
What is LPPA?
Holy Family Primary School is currently working towards achieving the Leading Parent Partnership Award (LPPA). The LPPA is all about us delivering effective parental engagement in our school. It is aimed at helping us to work more closely and more effectively with parents.
Everyone involved at Holy Family wants the very best for our pupils, regardless of their background and ability. Effective and positive parent partnerships can have very real and lasting impacts on improvements in pupil behaviour, attendance and achievement. Research makes it clear that effective partnership with parents have a major impact on the learning of children and young people.
The award will ensure that the school is welcoming, communicative and friendly and that we help you support your child's learning and your own learning. It will help us review our induction procedures for new parents and our home-school links throughout the year. We will also evaluate procedures for end of year transitions both at Holy Family and for those families moving onto secondary school.
We look forward to working with you to improve these areas and welcome parental contributions and feedback. Please see Mrs Carter for more information.